Please read through the Terms & Conditions below before you book meeting or event space at The Space Project.
Please note that when making a booking enquiry, the reservation is not confirmed until you receive an email stating so from The Space Project.
Terms & Conditions
1. The use of premises is granted only to the Organisation named in the booking for the exact purpose indicated on this form.
2. The premises must not be sub-let by the Organisation named in the booking. The use by the Organisation prior to the meeting of any name other than that given in the booking will be regarded as sub-letting.
3. Any advertisement for the meeting must not indicate any purpose different from that specified in the booking.
4. The Organisation is responsible for conducting the meeting in an orderly manner, in accordance with The Space Project regulations, ensuring that other Space Project tenants, productions and members are not inconvenienced. Officers of the City Council are authorised to take any necessary action to ensure that the safety of the general public and Space Project staff in case of apparent disturbance or danger. (Any additional cost of cleaning or for loss or damage over what might reasonably be expected will be charged for).
5. Care should be taken when using the room(s) and furniture. Care should be taken with liquids and drawing items on tables, chairs and floors. No pins, nails, screws etc., are to be used on the walls, flooring or doors.
6. Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the booking will attract a full booking fee (where applicable).
7. Please note that bookings cancelled more than 48 hours prior will incur a 20% charge of the original booking cost.
8. When vacating the room please ensure that it is left as you found it, including the layout of chairs and tables.
9. If it has been necessary to use chairs / equipment from another room please return it to that room.
10. Noise levels should be kept to a reasonable level when using the rooms or travelling to them.
11. Contravention of any of the conditions set out in these notes will result in the automatic cancellation of this and any future booking.
12. Please note that car parking is not guaranteed with room and event bookings.
Please also note that bookings out of normal business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) will incur additional staffing and venue costs dependent on client requirements. Please get in touch for further details.
The Space Project General Letting Policy Principles
The Space Project adheres to Manchester City Council’s letting policy principles.
The General Letting Policy shall operate on the following principles:
• The policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with law (including, but not limited to, the Representation of the People Act 1983 and the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000).
• The Space Project premises shall only be used for such purposes as the The Space Project shall approve.
• The Space Project will not let premises for purposes that conflict with The Space Project’s policies on Equality and Diversity.
• The Space Project will not let premises for purposes that it considers would be in breach of any of the equality enactments (as defined in s.33 of the Equality act 2006).
• The Space Project will not let premises for purposes that are likely to cause offence to public taste and decency, except where the possible offence is balanced or outweighed by other factors (e.g. freedom of expression or artistic merit).
• Letting of The Space Project premises shall not be permitted to substantially impact on Space Project business or other users of The Space Project’s facilities.
If you have any questions about the above Terms and Conditions please call 0161 205 5508